Wednesday, October 1

why being stupid rules.

I am stupid.

Lets face it, I am am am am. I don't know whats the capital of America, nor the capital of Zimbawe. Hell, I don't even know what's Goh Chok Tong's full name.

(Sorry Goh Chok Tong. I know Singapore would short of an arm and leg if not for your wonderful leadership.)

As such I am denied of a place in a local university which is very, very embarrassing in retrospect.

I am not kidding you. I am dodging certain people just because I'm in SIM. It hell sucks. But it just says in plain: Yvonne is simply not smart enough to enter a more prestigious universitiy.

Thus, I feel as though I am a sub normal human with just an IQ of 99.

But no, I am not against SIM. In fact, if any of you reading this happen to be from SIM, I would like to declare that the school as done a big favour accepting me even though I am such a noob. SIM has so generously offered me a place even though I deserve nothing but a good tight slap in the face for not joining a polytechnic.

WHY WHY. WHY DIDN'T I GO TO A POLYTECHNIC?!

However, contrary to Singaporean beliefs, this sort of humilation is rather bearable, thanks to understanding parents, and of course, my dear sister, as well as friends who, well, are in the same position as me.

Those people who eventually moved on to better places are too focussed on their next step towards success that I am spared from their Scrutiny and despise. Thank God the world doesn't revolve around me.

Then oOf course there those who know that the Singaporean's idea of a failure may very well turn out to be opposite and I thank them for their encouragement.

But all in all, I must say that I am still very thankful that I have a well functioning brain nonetheless. That, I still have stuff to look forward to.

Like namely, to study hard for my degree and who knows. a first class honours! (Thank you debby and su hui, for not laughing at this wish of mine! :)

I guess 500 years from now, no one would really care what you got, but what you make out of it. I still desire to go to some place that is deemed "normal" but since things turned out this way, I just got to move on and take more control of what goes into my being.

God didn't groom me to be a nus graduate, but one who thinks for herself.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i duno the capital of America/Zimbabwe either... and i always thought Goh Chok Tong IS his full name?

anyway its ok yvonne and im glad you're more optimistic cos the REALLY important things are what we learned in pri sch (i believe) and, of course, who won the world cup (in what year). :)

Sat Oct 04, 09:03:00 AM  
Blogger su said...

im quite sure Goh Chok Tong IS his full name. :D thing is, the more i go to uni the more i think we DON'T actually need to be in Uni. to be happy, which i am beginning to believe is the ultimate goal in life.

Tue Oct 07, 05:37:00 AM  
Blogger su said...

wiki says:

capital of USA: washington DC
zimbabwe: Harare (ha-rah-ray)

Tue Oct 07, 05:41:00 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

i seriously thought it was new york

:O

Wed Oct 08, 11:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home