Saturday, November 22

Edward Cullen

Okay, yes, as you guys have heard from me: he is a vampire and he falls in love with a human girl and there are many complications because one is a prey and the other is the predator and blah blah blah.

How lame it must be to those on the outside; those who have yet entered the story of fantasy and romance, where true love buds against all odds and touching revelations about the human heart is slowly revealed...

Well, but then I must admit it is pretty lame from a rational point of view.

There aren't Vampires around. There aren't any girl as perfect as Bella (whom I keep picturing as kelsey for some odd reason) and there aren't certaintly that much choices in life on contrary to what the novel portrays.

But it all didn't matter.

I felt the thrills and excitement as though I was on a roller coaster ride with the characters by just flipping through the low quality pages of the novel, torn between reading it fasts just so to satisfy my curiosity about what would happen next and reading it slowly so the right side of the open book is still thicker than the left.

Escapism. From montony.

The days are becoming a routine now with few surprises, knowing that few would message me on my phone, and even much less possibility to have someone actually calling for a mindless chat. Nope. Now that I am almost isolated, the book did not deter me from entering that world filled with conversation and company. Yes, I caught a glimpse of company which is quickly becoming a thing of past as everyone I know is suddenly getting caught up in the whirlwind with their own lives and left me on the ground with all the wreckage around.

Of course its true that I have my own life as well, as I always had. But you don't know the feeling of being exluded when it really isn't my choice. Not that I was given any choice to say

"No, I still very much want to be part of your life."

So Edward Cullen effectively distracted me from otherwise lonely days. Three days to be exact. Wednesday night, Thursday, Friday and Today. I reread the book you see. And now I am reading the latest upcoming book which is the same story, but through Edward's eyes. Thanks Edward.

I am going to be seeing more of him on the 18th December when the movie is released in Singapore.

Besides, I still have three more books to complete the series. Something that I am not sure if i should look forward to. The story has got to end somewhere. And I still have the montony to face.

Besides, books tend to get dull as they progress towards the end when the author is just trying to prolong the story to satisfy fans.

As expected, Kelsey, I mean Bella, turns into a vampire, rendering her immortal.

Boring!

5 Comments:

Blogger su said...

doesn't she, at some point, have a baby too? i don't read it but i've read somewhere that she does...

Sun Nov 23, 02:52:00 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

huh? yup she got a half human half vampire kid

Sun Nov 23, 09:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man. everyone is going crazy about this(ese) book(s)! even obama reads twilight... the male actor looks very good :D haha.

Wed Nov 26, 02:26:00 PM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

yes he acted as cedric in harry potter!!

Sun Nov 30, 08:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol yeah no wonder he looks familiar! :D

Thu Dec 11, 10:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home